Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

Sweet – Sour Red Cabbage



Old Fashioned Sweet – Sour Red Cabbage

I confess that my mouth waters whenever I prepare old – world style recipes like this one. I can close my eyes and imagine sharing it with my ancestors in Bohemia many years ago. 

Serves 4 (½ Cup)


3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
½ teaspoon caraway seed
½ cup water
2 tablespoons SPLENDA Granular
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. 

In a large killer, combine red cabbage, caraway seed, and water. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add SPLENDA and vinegar.  Mix well to combine. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Good served warm or cold. 

Each serving equals

HE : ¾ Vegetable * 3 Optional Calories
24 Calories * 0 gm Fat * 1 gm Protein*
5 gm Carbohydrate * 9 mg Sodium * 38 gm Calcium *
2 gm Fiber
DIABETIC EXCHANGES: 1 Vegetable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

Popular Posts